Start a new topic

Mclassic problems for upscale 480p to 1440p

I have a Samsung Q80R TV with a maximum resolution of 4k, using Nintendo Switch or Wiiu in 720p or 1080p resolution with a beautiful upscale to 1440p, but when I lower the resolution to 480p the problems start. The image shows interference, there are several colored stripes on the screen causing even the signal to be lost, the screen flashes making it impossible to play. However on TV that is only full HD this does not occur. Has anyone been through this? Managed to solve?

2 people have this problem

yeah same. it doesnt matter which system, it's with any 480p input

1 person likes this
I tested it here with others it really doesn't go without interference, but as they have a video the mclassic working at 1440p on the donkey kong of switch in 480p resolution. It must depend on the TV or monitor.
This is happening to me as well. I think we may have defective units? I'm going to try a Vizio 4K TV instead of Samsung, and see what happens. I also have an Emerson 1080p TV I can test it with. I honestly hope it's defective, because as it is currently, I can't really use it with my Framemeister because it's not really going to make any difference unless I'm using 480p.
This is happening to me as well. I think we may have defective units? I'm going to try a Vizio 4K TV instead of Samsung, and see what happens. I also have an Emerson 1080p TV I can test it with. I honestly hope it's defective, because as it is currently, I can't really use it with my Framemeister because it's not really going to make any difference unless I'm using 480p.
I have a Samsung full hd, I use Ossc with mclassic to play the N64 with upscale from 480p to 1080p. The interference problem exists only at 1440p resolution.

How can you force 1080p instead of 1440p Luis ? I cannot chose it or can I

We didn't get to choose, mclassic will always force the maximum resolution of your TV to the limit that it supports. I have 2 Samsung TVs one is 4k in it the conversion from 480p with mclassic goes to 1440p, the other is only full hd where the maximum supported is 1080p.

1 person likes this

damn it !

I bought mclassic and it presented this problem, I exchanged for another one and it remained the same. Funny that using a blu-ray in video playback the resolution of 480p goes up smoothly to 4k, these interferences only occur with games (which is limited to 1440p), maybe it is because the transfer rate is 60hz and not 24hz like the videos , I've seen cases of people who have native 1440p game monitors working normally on this 480p upscale.
Yes, it will only supposed upscaling to 4K when the source is 30Hz, not 60Hz. 1440p is the max for 60Hz source. It's completely bullshit and Marseille should have fully tested this product before releasing it to us. They are the ones WHO TOLD US setting the Framemeister to output 480p is the best option, and I can't even do this on my primary TV. And they won't even reply back to me about this issue.
I agree with you, mclassic should work 100% with any TV that supports such resolutions. The switch even has video of them playing the snes DK via Online Switch with 480p output making upscale to 1440p, here at home it is not feasible to play with interference and signal losses. the switch with 720p output is normal for 1440p.

I found this thread http://help.marseilleinc.com/support/discussions/topics/30000001655. It's apparently not just a 480p issue. I played with some Framemeister settings, and I discovered when my HDMI output was set to 'RGB', instead of 'Auto', it was an issue with every progressive, 60Hz output resolution, except 480p was still the worst. When it was set to 'Auto', it was only an issue with 480p. The picture was stable on 720p and 1080p. The problem is, there's not much use in using it with those higher resolutions. Marseille themselves recommends outputting 480p on the Framemeister. I don't know what to do. There has to be a way to fix this.

Perfect topic, I have the same problem mine is a Samsung Q80r and now with this being a problem of incompatibility with the TV is ridiculous, thankfully that at least 720p works for 1440p, but the 480p which is ideal for Wii, Cube, Xclassico and others via OSSC and derivatives do not work at all.
Yeah, 720p and 1080 weren't working with the hdmi set to rgb on my Framemeister but at least I could get them to work with auto. I'm not sure what would work better, if there's any difference between those two, or if it's even worth using mClassic if not 480p with Framemeister.
Login or Signup to post a comment